Thursday, October 30, 2014

Day 2

Today, I had my first full day of interviews - and honestly, it was rough. I'm still working out the best way to schedule my interviews, but I can't help but feel as though no matter what I do, the whole day is going to be shot.

Today I had calls at:

  • 10:30am - interviewer was late, I sent mail after 15 mins canceling
  • 11:00am - last minute call with someone I was talking to on Linkedin while waiting for the 10:30am interview
  • 12:00pm interviewer - spoke for about 20 mins, recruiter wasn't really sure what the CTO was looking for and said she'd get back to me
  • 4:30 in person interview - left at 3:45pm to head to the office, spent 10 mins circling the block looking for the building entrance, not sure how I did.
From 10:15am to 12:20pm, I was sitting in front of my computer waiting for phone calls. I spent two hours sewing costumes today, but I didn't finish and am now stressed out about not finishing before I head up to Boston tomorrow on the 5:40pm Amtrak. I have a 10:30am call and a noon lunch interview and I haven't packed yet, so tomorrow is pretty shot - not going great.

I also attempted to file for unemployment today but discovered that I need a New York State driver's license to do so, so I guess I'll need to do that sometime next week.

I did have a great time seeing some of my former colleagues for drinks - it was really nice to see them. I also bought a pair of boots because definitely the best time to spend money on unnecessary articles of clothing is when you're currently unemployed.

I was thinking about having today's lesson be 'tips on interview scheduling', but I'm not really sure if I have it down yet, so I'm going to leave this entry as a placeholder with the lesson TBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment